Just a small message to make sure nobody things project is dead, while it is still alive.
What happened between this and the last blog entry:
- Improved demo applications. Now the Illumination and Qt demos have the same feature set.
- Improved speed of import (germany in around 40 minutes).
- Support for *.pbf files (which improved execution time of the preprocessing step by factor 12!).
- General improvements of the code base (more documentation and comments, improved interfaces).
- Dramatically reduce amount of memory required (now around 20 MB or less for map of germany).
- Finished Qt backend (visually equal to cairo backend).
- Improved interface for map drawing backends, now even more code is implemented in the abstract base class. This should make implementing new backend even simpler).
- Improved standard style.
- Initial version (no dashes, no labels, no icons) of libagg backend (very fast software vector renderer).
It should now be possible to integrate libosmscout into your applications without much problems.
Next goals: Read the rest of this entry »